I bought my first camera when I was 12-years-old. Being a photographer and telling the story through my lens was the only job I wanted.
It still is.
Since purchasing that film camera, I’ve expanded my portfolio to include work in Iraq, Mexico and Syria. I’ve worked with news, feature and sports photography for more than a decade, and I’m as comfortable on the sidelines of a football game as I am in a war zone.
- Freelance Photographer (2006 – present)
- Texas Tribune – published in the New York Times
- Virginia Quarterly Review
- Oxford American
- Etiqueta Negra (Peru)
- Writer/Photogapher – VAntage Point (Aug. 2013 – Aug. 2015)
- Photojournalist – Standard Examiner (Dec. 2012 – Aug. 2013)
- Make photos for daily newspaper in Ogden, Utah.
- Crop and tone images for print
- Create slideshows for web at standard.net
- Produce and edit videos
- Write news and feature articles
- Producer – The Huddle (Sept. 2012 – Dec. 2012)
- Produce weekly football television show for 956Sports and local FOX affiliate.
- Manage sound, lighting and cameras.
- Edit final 30-minute show and create graphics and score ticker
- Writer/Photographer/Videographer – 956Sports (Aug. 2011 – Dec. 2012)
- Cover live sporting events in the Rio Grande Valley
- Write articles, create image galleries, sound slides, and video packages
- Co-Editor-in-Chief – The Pan American (Jan. 2012 – Aug. 2012)
- Edit and proofread all articles for award-winning student publication.
- Manage 26-person newsroom to meet weekly print and daily online content deadlines.
- Write articles weekly to supplement work of staff writers
- Photo Editor – The Pan American (June 2011 – Jan. 2012)
- Manage team of five photographers to fill photo requests for arts and life, news and sports sections.
- Edit images with Photoshop for print and online content.
- War/Photography: Museum of Fine Arts Houston (present)
- Self portrait after a patrol (2006) is part of the 480 image exhibit on conflict photography
- My time in Iraq: MIT (2011)
- Presented at the Naval ROTC building
- Iraq in Black and White: University of Texas A&M Corpus Christi (2008)
- Presented at the Island Gallery
- 2012 Texas Intercollegiate Press Association
- First Place – Sports Photo
- First Place – Photo Illustration
- 2011 Black and White Magazine – Single Image
- Merit Award
- Phone: 949.292.7185
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org